Polystyrene (foam) ceiling Tiles - perfect solution for the outdated popcorn (stucco) ceilings renovation. Made of extruded Polystyrene (high density Styrofoam) they are feather light, elegant, moisture proof, easy to clean - virtually maintenance free,can be installed directly over the popcorn, paintable.
You won’t need professional tools or special skills to install these tiles . With minimal preparation work Polystyrene ceiling tiles can be glued straight over the popcorn ceiling (no scraping, no mess) or regular flat surfaces.
- sharp utility knife,
- putty knife for adhesive,
- montage glue
- straight edge to make nice cuts.
1. Prepare the surface; remove loose plaster, paint, wall paper etc. and draw a chalk line in the middle of the room (preferably through light fixture electrical box, if you have one).
2. Apply the adhesive; we recommend you use the Ceramic wall tile paste adhesive (like Acryl Pro or Omni Grip) which could be found at any local building supplies store. Installation of the tiles over the popcorn requires more adhesive then for plain drywall or plywood ceilings.
3. Install the fist row along the chalk line; take your time and make it as straight as possible, join the tiles side by side.
4. Work your way to the sides; first install all the whole tiles, then cut the tiles as necessary and install the cut pieces at the end.
5. If you decide to fill in the joints; use paintable silicone to insure that the ceiling will still remain paintable in future.
Customers also purchased